I've been shooting some new work and life around my work space with my digital camera but when it comes to everyday things I usually just snap shots on the go, process them and load them to instagram. Here's what has been going on in the last couple of weeks via my instagram feed (you can find me @rebeccatollefsen)
1. Our neighbors have tons of birdhouses in their yard that seem to keep birds well fed in this neck of the woods. Sylas and I spent the morning bird watching earlier this week. He likes to say "bird" and then follow it up with "tweet tweet tweet". Also: check his sweet cowlick.
2. Some new tools - nothing exciting - just some replacements for everyday standards I use. I still nerded out about each one. Especially that 2 lb. mallet.
3. I got a tattoo with my older brother last week as mentioned in this post. My older brother decided on getting the cross from the prayer card from my younger brother's service along with my younger brother's initials. I decided on getting my younger brother's signature from a letter he wrote me just before he passed. It was a really sweet bonding experience for my older brother and I and a memory I will always cherish.
4. Arranging flowers for our dining table.
5. Our sweet girl basking in the morning sun.
6. Sylas playing with his "tracja"
7. Sy had his two year old checkup this week and the doctor sent John home with his growth charts. Sylas thought he was pretty grown up walking around with them, reading them, organizing them all day long.
8. John gave me a new sketchbook for our anniversary. I'd like to add some cool stickers or decals. Anyone have any good leads on where to find something that will fit the bill?
9. Over the weekend my dad and John replaced some gates on our porch. My mom and I went a little crazy at the bakery section of Fresh Market while picking lunch up for them while they worked. We ended up getting a selection of cupcakes to taste test but that chocolate cake was beautiful. Also: the cupcakes were delicious.
Images: Rebecca Tollefsen via instagram
Labels: family life